S. Korea defeat Japan for 3rd straight men's football gold
简介HANGZHOU, China -- South Korea captured a record third straight Asian Games men's football gold ...
HANGZHOU, China -- South Korea captured a record third straight Asian Games men's football gold medal Saturday in China, rallying past Japan 2-1 after conceding an early goal.
Midfielder Jeong Woo-yeong scored his tournament-best eighth goal to level the score at 1-1, and forward Cho Young-wook netted the eventual winner in the second half at Huanglong Sports Centre Stadium in Hangzhou.
Coached by Hwang Sun-hong, South Korea's under-24 squad went undefeated in the competition, with three wins in the group stage followed by four more victories in the knockouts.
South Korea scored 27 goals and allowed only three.
Japan scored the first goal just around 80 seconds after the kickoff, thanks to some hard pressing. Kein Sato drove deep into the attacking zone and sent a cross toward the middle. The ball bounced off Masato Shigemi before landing on Kotaro Uchino, who made no mistake with a shot to the top shelf.
South Korea had never conceded an opening goal until the gold medal match.
South Korea soon started dictating the pace of the match, and Jeong headed home the equalizer on 27 minutes following Hwang Jae-won's diagonal cross.
Cho then put South Korea ahead for good with his 56th-minute goal, winning the loose ball battle near the penalty spot after Japan failed to clear the ball out of harm's way.
South Korea threatened to add to their lead in the late moments, with Um Won-sang forcing a tough save by goalkeeper Kazuki Fujita on 83 minutes and An Jae-jun nearly putting one past Fujita on a fast break during injury time.
윤석열 대통령이 16일 오전 서울 용산구 대통령실 청사 앞 어린이정원에서 열린 제63차 수석비서관회의를 주재하고 있다. [사진 대통령실]“총알도 없고, 손발도 묶인 상황이다.” 1 ...
The unification ministry on Sunday urged North Korea to immediately send a South Korean pastor and f ...
Kimchi, a traditional Korean dish consisting of fermented vegetables, often cabbage and radish, is u ...
- Over 1,300 rescue workers still traumatized by Itaewon Halloween tragedy
- 김건희, 제주도서 갈치 시식하며 “수산물 소비 활성화 최선”
- First lady meets haenyeo, expresses respect, gratitude
- Performing Arts Market to link local artists to world
- [Korea Beyond Korea] In Paris, soaring demand for Korean studies yet to be fully met
- Asiana may ditch cargo business to close Korean Air merger deal
- [Herald Interview] Dyson engineer stresses potential of Korean hair care market
- [Today’s K
- BOK wins lawsuit on face of Korea's 100 won coin
- 기세 올린 이재명 체제…이번엔 한동훈 겨냥 공세 집중
- Striving to be the best, TXT returns with 3rd LP
- Kia to expand EV lineup with mass market appeal
- S. Korea signs consortium deal with Canada, Italy for nuclear reactor refurbishment in Romania
- [Herald Interview] Indonesia's Aladin Bank CEO eyes digital banking partnerships with Korea
- 'Basel Night' at Swiss Embassy in Seoul heralds Basel's cultural legacy
- South Korean oil payments for Iran frozen again over Hamas links
- [HIT Forum] Innospace champions small satellite renaissance
- HIT forum on space to be held in Seoul
- IMF maintains 2023 growth outlook for S. Korea at 1.4 pct
- Multinational criminal ring arrested for smuggling meth in bulk into South Korea
- LG CNS launches new AI platform for corporate clients
- Chinese avant
- Trend forecaster Kim Ran
- Seoul shares open higher on US gains after Fed comments
- 강서구청장 12시 투표율 11.4%…직전 지선보다 2.9%p 낮아
- 판 커진 구청장 선거…민주당 크게 이겼다
- 윤 대통령 “중동 리스크 대응, 민생에 전력 다해야”
- More webtoon
- S. Korea logs current account surplus for 4th month in August