Yoon lauds rapid growth of Korean defense industry
简介President Yoon Suk Yeol on Tuesday pledged to boost the global competitiveness of South Korea's ...
President Yoon Suk Yeol on Tuesday pledged to boost the global competitiveness of South Korea's defense industry, calling it a strategic sector that backs both the country's security and economy, as he attended a large defense exhibition showcasing the nation's military prowess.
"Our defense industry is writing a new history by creating something from nothing," he said at the 2023 Seoul International Aerospace and Defense Exhibition, also known as Seoul ADEX, held at Seoul Airport in Seongnam, Gyeonggi Province.
"A nation once dependent on aid and imports has now advanced to produce and export top-tier fighter jets," he said. "The weapons behind me are the result of your passion and challenge."
Yoon introduced various aircraft and equipment such as the supersonic fighter KF-21, the country's first exported fighter, the FA-50 light attack aircraft, and the domestically-developed M-SAM air defense system.
"K-9 self-propelled howitzers, making up half of the global self-propelled artillery market; K-2 tanks with top-tier performance; the Korean mobile helicopter Surion; the LAH light armed helicopter; the advanced Redback armored vehicle; and the Chunmoo self-propelled multiple launch rocket system, which offers real-time precision strikes, all showcase the future of our defense industry," he said.
At the exhibition, US military aircraft including the F-22, regarded as the world's premier stealth fighter; the carrier-based EA-18G Growler electronic warfare aircraft; and the U-2 reconnaissance aircraft were also on display.
More than 160 South Korean nationals arrived home from Israel aboard a military aircraft late Saturd ...
MARRAKESH, Morocco -- South Korea's finance minister called Saturday for concerted internationa ...
K-pop girl group Le Sserafim has been named the house ambassador to the luxury brand Louis Vuitton.T ...
Hyundai Motor shows off air mobility, drone tech at Seoul defense fair
野 “與 보선 참패 후 이재명 전광석화 기소…국민 심판받을 것”
[Herald Interview] Samuel Youn celebrates career in ‘From Darkness to Light’
Le Sserafim to release first English single 'Perfect Night'
Samsung owns largest No. of Israeli subsidiaries among S. Korean conglomerates: report
- 반도핑기구 “아시안게임 북 인공기 게양에 조치 취할 것”
- 'No Japan?' Korea swings from extreme rejection to selective embrace
- Hyundai Ioniq 7 may start production in July next year
- SKT’s AI
- Fan meeting offers 'Break Time' for 'Dream Academy' trainees on their way to debut
- Jarasum Jazz Fest to kick off Friday
- 박성중 "다음 中응원은 드루킹 시즌2…강서구 선거 안심 못해"
- S. Korea mandates flexible pricing in supply deals to protect SMEs
- SK invests in US data specialist Glassdome
- SK On marks 2nd anniversary with twofold revenue, capacity growth
- [Our Museums] Discover wisdom of hanok at Eunpyeong History Hanok Museum
- HiteJinro to produce soju in Vietnam
- 163 S. Koreans arrive home from Israel on military aircraft
- S.Korea's largest
- Hyundai Motor shows off air mobility, drone tech at Seoul defense fair
- Yoon lauds rapid growth of Korean defense industry
- S. Korea set to open largest
- Over 1,300 rescue workers still traumatized by Itaewon Halloween tragedy
- US strategic bomber B
- Cast of ‘Norma’ says opera difficult to sing but easy to enjoy
- Supporters of Israel hold rally in Seoul, urge Hamas to stop atrocities
- Foreign workers' deaths get weak sanctions
- Enjoying Halloween in Itaewon sparks debate online