Another suspect of Tajik duo behind S. Korean money exchange robbery nabbed
简介One suspect from a Tajik duo, who allegedly robbed a money exchange store in Pyeongtaek, Gyeonggi Pr ...
One suspect from a Tajik duo, who allegedly robbed a money exchange store in Pyeongtaek, Gyeonggi Province, in late August, was arrested in Tajikistan after nearly a month on the run, South Korean police revealed Tuesday.
According to Pyeongtaek Police, the 34-year-old male suspect, whose name was withheld, was arrested in his home country by local authorities on Sept. 25. He was accused of stealing 85 million won ($62,800) in US and Korean bills from the exchange store at around noon on Aug. 30.
Wielding a prop gun, he and his accomplice threatened a 60-year-old female employee of the store, took the money and then fled from the site in a car.
The duo used a total of three vehicles, which included a stolen car, for their run.
The suspect fled to Tajikistan via Incheon Airport about four hours after the robbery with a reserved flight ticket. His accomplice, another 34-year-old Tajik, was arrested the next day on Aug. 31, at Incheon Airport by South Korean police.
The suspect, who was caught in Tajikistan, will be put to trial there as South Korea has yet to sign an extradition treaty with the central Asian country.
Pyeongtaek Police plan to cooperate with the Tajik authorities, sharing results of its investigation into the case.
The accomplice, nabbed in Korea, has already been sent for trial on charges of special robbery.
The Korean police said they will continue the investigation to track down three other Tajiks who allegedly assisted the duo’s escape.
10·11 서울 강서구청장 보궐선거 참패로 예고된 대로 집권여당과 용산에 대한 민심이 일주일도 안 돼 싸늘해졌다. 특히 수도권 민심 이탈이 심각했다. 16일 공개된 정치 고관여층이 ...
ISLAMABAD — Death toll from strong earthquakes that shook western Afghanistan rises to 2,000, said a ...
Hyundai Motor Group’s decadeslong sponsorship for the Korean archery team has once again stepped int ...
- Biden says Hamas must be eliminated, US officials warn war could escalate
- 문재인 "부동산 정책, 초유 상황에 실책…신뢰 잃어 뼈아프다"
- [Test Drive] BMW 5 Series makes more powerful, elegant comeback
- Hyundai’s decadeslong support for archery pays off at Asian Games
- Enjoying Halloween in Itaewon sparks debate online
- SPAF kicks off with boundary
- Unification minister to visit Britain, Germany
- Kakao completes its first own data center
- [사진] 용산 팔도장터 찾아 떡메치기
- 4th Global Biz Forum kicks off to discuss 'next prosperity'
- Rebellions' AI chip to undergo IBM quality testing
- [Feature] The rise and fall of terrestrial TV dramas
- S. Korea to step up quarantine efforts against animal diseases
- Yoon's approval rating edges up after 6
- Seoul shares open lower on Fed's higher
- Benois de la Danse winner Kang Mi
- Samsung Electronics forecasts Q3 rebound
- Yoon's approval rating at 34.2% with parliamentary elections 6 months away
- Dawn begins mandatory military service
- [New on scene] Kim Chang
- The 2023 Seoul Fantastic Beer Festival
- Opposition calls for Yoon's overhaul of Cabinet after by
- 강서구청장 12시 투표율 11.4%…직전 지선보다 2.9%p 낮아
- More webtoon
- [HIT Forum] 'Korea ready to become aerospace powerhouse'
- Igis launches $100m secondary fund for overseas investment
- [HIT Forum] More than 400 attendees explore space at HIT forum
- Aespa to return with 4th EP ‘Drama’ next month
- Samsung Electronics tips Q3 operating profit to plunge 78% on semiconductor losses
- S. Korea logs current account surplus for 4th month in August