SC Bank Korea CEO nominated for fourth term
简介Park Jong-bok, the CEO of Standard Chartered Bank Korea, has been nominated as the sole final candid ...
Park Jong-bok, the CEO of Standard Chartered Bank Korea, has been nominated as the sole final candidate for the bank's top position again, according to the lender on Monday.
The bank's executive candidate recommendation committee selected Park as the final candidate for the next CEO during a meeting held last Friday.
If appointed, he will be serving his fourth term, which will last for a year starting Jan. 8, 2024, as the CEO of SC Bank Korea.
"Since assuming the top position in 2015, Park has continuously enhanced the bank's financial standing through Korea-specific strategies and actively engaged employees in sharing the bank's vision of equality, respect, and inclusion," the bank’s executive candidate recommendation committee said in a statement.
It noted that Park received the highest evaluation among the four final candidates, having consistently improved the bank's financial performance through business strategies tailored to the Korean market.
The committee also highly regarded Park's extensive professional experience, insightful perspectives, expertise, strong communication skills and exceptional leadership qualities.
Park's reappointment is set to be confirmed following approvals at shareholders' meetings on Oct. 18 and the board of directors' meeting on Oct. 31.
In the first half of 2023, the lender's net profit was 209.2 billion won ($154.6 million), an on-year decrease of 2.9 billion won from 212.1 billion won. The increase in allocation of provisions mainly contributed to this decline.
However, the lender achieved a record-breaking operating profit of 364.5 billion won in the first half of the year, an 18.04 percent increase compared to the same period last year, which was 308.8 billion won.
The bank's assets have also been steadily increasing in recent years, from 92 trillion won in 2021 to 110 trillion won in 2022 to 112 trillion won as of June this year.
Born in 1955, Park majored in economics at Kyung Hee University. After joining SC in August 1979, he accumulated expertise in various branches over the next 20 years. He held pivotal roles in bank operations, including retail finance, before becoming the bank's chief in 2015.
He was subsequently reappointed in 2018 and 2021.
The London-based banking giant's Korean unit was launched in 2005. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of Standard Chartered and was launched upon the banking giant's acquisition of Korea First Bank at the time.
SEONGNAM, Gyeonggi Province — South Korea's premier aerospace and defense exhibition, aimed at ...
Japanese K-pop band XG returned to the music scene on Wednesday with its first EP "New DNA."The late ...
Two-day working- and senior-level talks among South Korea, Japan and China kicked off on Monday, as ...
- [Our Museums] Discover wisdom of hanok at Eunpyeong History Hanok Museum
- Immersive, digital art shows to enjoy during extended holiday
- [Herald Interview] 'UN peacekeeping forces need better gender equity'
- Seoul streets transform to open stage for Seoul Street Arts Festival
- S. Korea, US, Japan install trilateral communication hotline amid N. Korea, China challenges
- Scholarships to begin in October for Ukrainian students in S. Korea
- Young swimmer enjoys self
- Manpower Korea’s unique approach to reference checks
- Hospital visits during Chuseok cost up to 50% more
- [Our Museums] Gyeonggi Ceramic Museum shows artistic essence of ceramics throughout history
- “김정은 두만강역 통해 귀국…조로관계 발전 새로운 장”
- Nam June Paik Art Center to be led by new director Park Nam
- [Korean History] Divided Koreas hold first
- Intangible cultural heritage exhibitions, performances head overseas
- Asiana mishandled midair door
- “김정은 두만강역 통해 귀국…조로관계 발전 새로운 장”
- 카메라 찍힌 김여정 960만원 '디올 백'…그 자체가 北인권 참상
- Major Korean firms fare worse than US counterparts in H1
- SM founder Lee Soo
- [Korea Beyond Korea] ‘Korea should support Korean history studies, research abroad’
- LG chief convenes CEO meeting to review growth strategy
- Reconstructed Dondeokjeon hall in Deoksu Palace to open to public
- '코로나 봉쇄' 북한, 국경 열었다…3년8개월 만에 외국인 입국
- [Korea Beyond Korea] Early Koreanists on verge of extinction overseas
- S. Korea to step up quarantine efforts against animal diseases
- N.Korea blasts Yoon for denouncing military ties with Russia at UN
- Rebellions' AI chip to undergo IBM quality testing
- [Hello Hangeul] The making of Korean language textbooks featuring BTS
- 4th Global Biz Forum kicks off to discuss 'next prosperity'