Seoul shares open higher on US gains
简介South Korean stocks got off to a strong start Tuesday tracking overnight gains on Wall Street.The be ...
South Korean stocks got off to a strong start Tuesday tracking overnight gains on Wall Street.
The benchmark Korea Composite Stock Price Index rose 19.23 points, or 0.79 percent, to 2,455.47 in the first 15 minutes of trading.
U.S. stocks closed higher as investors bet on big tech, with the Dow Jones Industrial Average advancing 0.93 percent and the Nasdaq Composite rising 1.2 percent.
In Seoul, tech and battery shares led the bullish opening.
Top-cap Samsung Electronics added 0.74 percent and its local rival LG Electronics rose 1.9 percent.
Leading battery maker LG Energy Solution climbed 1.05 percent and Posco Future M jumped 3.43 percent.
Leading pharmaceutical firm Samsung Biologics and SK bioscience rose 0.98 percent and 1.06 percent, respectively.
The local currency was trading at 1,349.75 won against the US dollar at 9:15 a.m., up 3.95 won from the previous session's close. (Yonhap)
Hyundai Motor Group said Tuesday that its urban air mobility arm Supernal, along with its sister fir ...
The top diplomats from South Korea, the United States and Japan have agreed to take stern measures a ...
More Koreans are expressing a preference for offering cash instead of gift sets to their parents dur ...
- Biden says Hamas must be eliminated, US officials warn war could escalate
- Sabre fencer, swimming relay team eye historic medals
- Mirae Asset continues to lead domestic equity ETF market
- Allies vow stern measures against Russia
- Celltrion partners with US pharmacy chain for Yuflyma sales
- Russian FM to visit Pyongyang next month as follow
163 S. Koreans arrive home from Israel on military aircraft
Ministry uncovers 1,802 Youth Protection Act violations
Seoul shares close lower amid woes over Fed's drawn
BTS' Jungkook to drop new single '3D'
Import prices up for 3rd month in September on higher oil prices
Gangwon Forestry Exhibition 2023 kicks off in Korea's 'forest capital'
- 사전투표 D
- Hyundai Ioniq 7 may start production in July next year
- 임명직 마다한 장제원 의미심장 글 "발톱 숨기고 때 기다린다"
- SK On marks 2nd anniversary with twofold revenue, capacity growth
- Doosan Robotics shares debut at double IPO price
- Fifty Fifty’s agency, Attrakt, files W1b compensation claim against The Givers
- Questions raised over Taihan Cable’s quality control
- Seoul shares, won crash amid rising Fed woes
- 사전투표 D
- 박성중 "다음 中응원은 드루킹 시즌2…강서구 선거 안심 못해"
- [New in Korean] Ancient Korean mummy unearthed in Irish peatland
- [Test Drive] Toyota’s minivan Alphard boasts sedanlike drive
- BTS' Suga begins military service
- "가리비 8m 천장까지 쌓였다"…단 한달만에 日 타격 입힌 中
- S. Korea, US conduct underwater search operation for downed jet, Korean War remains
- [Korea Beyond Korea] Early Korean history remains virtually unknown abroad
- [Today’s K
- [Korea Beyond Korea] 'Funding drought jeopardizes interest in ancient Korea studies in US'
- Surveillance cameras to be a must in hospital operating rooms
- Dodgers prospect trying to fit in with S. Korean nat'l baseball team
- Korea’s parental leave benefits lag behind OECD average