Performing Arts Market to link local artists to world
简介The annual Performing Arts Market in Seoul, this year together with Journey to Korean Music, will of ...
The annual Performing Arts Market in Seoul, this year together with Journey to Korean Music, will offer a platform where local performing artists can present their productions to potential overseas buyers.
Supported by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, Arts Council Korea and Korea Arts Management Support Center, the 19th edition of PAMS will take place Oct. 11-14 at various venues including the National Theater of Korea, JCC Art Center and Namsan Gugakdang. This year, PAMS joins forces with Journey to Korea, a market platform for Korean traditional music.
During the four-day run, a total of 10 performance programs across the dance, street theater and music genres, selected through the Seoul Art Market PAMS Choice open call competition, and five performances based on Korean traditional music, selected through Journey to Korean Music’s Journey Choice, will be showcased.
From 2017 to 2021, 59 organizations have been selected for PAMS Choice and presented 65 works at the art fair. Among them, groups like Brush Theater, Elephants Laugh and Ambiguous Dance Company gave 91 performances overseas in 2022. Similarly, Journey to Korean Music’s Journey Choice introduced 92 works last year, resulting in negotiations for 418 international performances.
With sustainability, circulation, cooperation and re-connected as thematic keywords, the joint event has invited international performing arts experts including France’s Festival d’Aurillac Artistic Director Frederic Remy, Spain’s Fira Tarrega Director Natalia Lloreta and Program Director Danni Gee of The Joyce Dance Theater based in New York. Creative Producer Kirsty Harris of London's Barbican Center, and Director Bob Van Heur of Le Guess Who? Festival of Utrecht, the Netherlands will also join the event.
Celltrion Healthcare, Celltrion's distribution unit, said Monday it has signed a deal with US s ...
Jungkook of BTS landed on Billboard’s Hot 100 at No. 5 with solo single “3D,” according to the chart ...
The Busan International Film Festival has traditionally focused on Asian content, but this year' ...
- USS Carl Vinson deploys for Indo
- Kakao Bank to acquire 10% stake in Indonesian digital bank
- 'Frasier' returns to TV but you don't need to be a superfan of the original to laugh at its jokes
- 尹대통령 지지율, 1.1%p 내린 38.9% [알앤써치]
- TvN Sports, CGV to screen Bundesliga’s first ‘Korean derby’
- S. Korean women dominate recurve archery at Asian Games
Hyundai Rotem to showcase new ground weapons systems at Seoul expo
N.SSign to resume album promotion without Doha
Questions remain after passage of anonymous birth bill
Satellite imagery highlights 'dramatic' increase in N. Korea
[Top Envoy] Russian satellite help not likely priority for North Korea: Chun
Jungkook of BTS to hold fan showcase on Nov. 20
- Sunmi to return with new digital single ‘Stranger’
- [Our Museums] Journey to the Paleolithic era at Jeongok Prehistory Museum
- 박성중 "다음 中응원은 드루킹 시즌2…강서구 선거 안심 못해"
- Fan meeting offers 'Break Time' for 'Dream Academy' trainees on their way to debut
- 임명직 마다한 장제원 의미심장 글 "발톱 숨기고 때 기다린다"
- [Herald Interview] Kim Nam
- Zandari Festa kicks off with local, foreign indie bands
- Japan's Honda beefs up lineup to revive sales in S. Korea
- 한중 축구, 다음선 중국 응원이 91%…‘차이나 게이트’ 논란
- SKT’s AI
- Yoon pushes for Xi’s visit to firm up ties with China
- "가리비 8m 천장까지 쌓였다"…단 한달만에 日 타격 입힌 中
- [Korea Beyond Korea] 'Funding drought jeopardizes interest in ancient Korea studies in US'
- Russian FM to visit Pyongyang next month as follow
- Ministry uncovers 1,802 Youth Protection Act violations
- Hyundai Engineering wins US gas
- Mirae Asset continues to lead domestic equity ETF market
- [Book Review] 'Lee Kun
- Opposition party leader ends 24
- Surveillance cameras to be a must in hospital operating rooms
- [New in Korean] Ancient Korean mummy unearthed in Irish peatland
- From traditional to trendy, three of Seoul's top yukhoe spots
- LG Chem pivots to LFP with Huayou for Morocco plant
- [Test Drive] Toyota’s minivan Alphard boasts sedanlike drive
- S. Korean firms urge US to clarify 'foreign entity of concern'