Tapas bar explores modern interpretations of kimchi
简介Kimchi, a traditional Korean dish consisting of fermented vegetables, often cabbage and radish, is u ...
Kimchi, a traditional Korean dish consisting of fermented vegetables, often cabbage and radish, is ubiquitous in Korean cuisine.
This timeless Korean staple is reinterpreted at On 6.5, a contemporary kimchi tapas bar that is making waves in Seoul's dining scene.
Kimchi, traditionally thought of as a side dish, takes center stage at On 6.5, which has redefined the way we eat kimchi with their creative dishes.
Located in the Anguk-dong neighborhood, the year-old bar exudes modern ambiance blended with traditional Korean influences in its interior and the various objects that decorate its dining hall. Upon stepping into the hanok bar, guests will encounter a white moon jar created by artist Park Sung-wook, while the colors of the three main ingredients used in kimchi -- red pepper, green vegetables and white salt -- can be found throughout the restaurant.
Symbolizing the kimchi fermentation process, the walls are painted in gradations of red and the plates and the bowls have "kimchi" written on them, declaring in no uncertain terms that all the eatery's dishes feature kimchi.
In a move to counter escalating copyright infringement issues, the South Korean government announced ...
MARRAKESH, Morocco -- South Korea's finance minister called Saturday for concerted internationa ...
Park Seo-bo, a Korean contemporary art master, died on Saturday at the age of 92.The artist died of ...
- Cast of ‘Norma’ says opera difficult to sing but easy to enjoy
- Dansaekhwa master Park Seo
- BOK wins lawsuit on face of Korea's 100 won coin
- Seoul shares dip 1 pct on Fed rate hike woes, won sharply slides
- Welcome Daehakro Festival lights up Seoul's stage hub
- Conflict between Fifty Fifty and agency Attrakt continues to escalate
- Japan's Honda beefs up lineup to revive sales in S. Korea
- S. Korea mandates flexible pricing in supply deals to protect SMEs
- Apple under fire for ‘overpriced’ iPhones
- Fan meeting offers 'Break Time' for 'Dream Academy' trainees on their way to debut
- “北, 무단철거 금강산 골프장서 옥수수 건조”
- [Today’s K
- “北, 무단철거 금강산 골프장서 옥수수 건조”
- ONF hopes to open new chapter upon return from military service
- Show must go on: 28th Busan International Film Festival kicks off despite setbacks
- Sunmi to return with new digital single ‘Stranger’
- [Herald Interview] S&P economist tells Korea to brace for worst
- [Herald Interview] 'UN peacekeeping forces need better gender equity'
- “러시아 공군기, 평양 도착…북러 간 접촉 활발”
- S. Korean ambassador says stronger Russia
- Orchestra composed of players with visual impairment to perform Oct. 4
- [Herald Review] ‘Carmen’ redefines iconic femme fatale as stalking victim
- Biz outlook stays flat for October amid slowing economy
- 120,000 more public homes to be supplied by this year
- XG storms back with 'New DNA'