[Hello Hangeul] The making of Korean language textbooks featuring BTS
简介In response to the growing international demand for learning the Korean language, the South Korean E ...
In response to the growing international demand for learning the Korean language, the South Korean Education Ministry took a proactive step in 2021 by creating a government-managed Korean language education curriculum.
Prior to the central government's involvement, the selection and distribution of language courses and textbooks were primarily handled by local Korean language education centers. This led to concerns about the lack of structured content that could cater to the diverse language proficiency levels and ages of foreign learners.
The government’s initiative launched two years ago has attempted to encompass the development of textbooks and supplementary educational materials so far.
Distributed to students and teachers at elementary and high schools worldwide that have adopted Korean language as an official subject, all textbooks are provided free of charge.
A total of 201,788 textbooks have been distributed to 28 countries as of 2022, according to the ministry’s overseas education support division.
The type and number of textbooks are issued annually in September -- since many schools start their academic year that month -- after carrying out a demand survey, the ministry explained, adding that about 7.2 billion won ($5.4 million) had been spent each year since 2021.
The cost of daily necessities in South Korea has surged over the past 50 years amid the nation' ...
Every Oneus album is a well-made package of music, story, artistry and performance. With its latest ...
Earlier this month, a former professor saw his appeal denied in a lawsuit he filed to overturn the u ...
- Gimbap and hanja cramming: Life of Korean Studies students in Paris
- Cast of ‘Norma’ says opera difficult to sing but easy to enjoy
- 이준석, 눈물의 회견…尹대통령 향해 "與 묵언 수행 저주 풀라"
- Over 1,300 rescue workers still traumatized by Itaewon Halloween tragedy
- Celltrion partners with US pharmacy chain for Yuflyma sales
- US strategic bomber B
- HiteJinro to produce soju in Vietnam
- SC Bank Korea CEO nominated for fourth term
- New government initiative offers W3b reward to combat digital piracy
- Welcome Daehakro Festival lights up Seoul's stage hub
- P&G Korea launches premium diaper to combat skin dryness
- 尹 “하마스 무차별 공격 규탄”...척 슈머 등 美 상원 대표단 접견
- USS Ronald Reagan aircraft carrier to arrive in Busan this week
- Yoon's approval rating at 34.2% with parliamentary elections 6 months away
- Igis launches $100m secondary fund for overseas investment
- [Korean History] In 2003's Daegu, disaster plays out underground
- [HIT Forum] High schooler shares his space dream
- 판 커진 구청장 선거…민주당 크게 이겼다
- Samsung Electronics tips Q3 operating profit to plunge 78% on semiconductor losses
- Seoul shares open higher on US gains after Fed comments
- [HIT Forum] 'Korea ready to become aerospace powerhouse'
- Art Busan's unveils galleries, theme for inaugural fair, Define Seoul
- Samsung Electronics forecasts Q3 rebound
- Seoul shares open higher on US gains